February 23, 2011

A wounderful experience




In February 2011 I spent nearly 4 weeks in the volunteerin project "San Nicolas Urraca"and I had a wonderful time there. The children, mostly aged 8-12 (but there are even some kids who are just 3 years old) come from underpirivleged and often very difficult families. Nevertheless, they contain so much love and happiness in their hearts and they give you really good energy. During my stay in this project I planned activities, played with the kids and gave and received love. Moreover we got some colours to paint the walls outside because the building next door nearly destroyed the project during construction. We all had a lot of fun, painting the walls and adding our handprints to them. It was a great feeling to know that I can make these kids happy and that I can help to improve the situation of the project. The coordinators, Luisa and José are lovely people who do everything to make the children and the volunteers feel happy in the project. And, indeed, you feel like a part of a big family there. All in all, I had a great and intense time in the project "San Nicolas Urraca" and I enjoyed every minute of it. I can highly recomend to go and spend some time in this project because it is a precious experience which will definately broaden your mind.

(Laura P. Germany)

No comments: